An Organizer’s Bag of Tricks
When I show up at a client’s home or office, I always bring my bag of tricks. Unfortunately, I don’t have a magic wand so I can effortlessly whip the space into shape. (I’m working on it.) Instead, my bag of tricks consists of the tools I have on hand to run a seamless organizing session.
|Lululemon Fast In Flight Tote|
So what are the “magical” tools in my bag? Here’s the list:
- Labels – Colored removable dots, address labels, file folder labels, box labels, key tags. You name it. I’ve got it.
- Label Maker – I love my compact P-Touch 1090. Plus extra label tape and batteries.
- General Supplies – Tape measure, pens, mechanical pencils, Sharpies, highlighters, mini-stapler, extra staples, tape, scissors, paper clips, binder clips, and a letter opener all in one case.
- Compact Camera – For before and after photos.
- Furniture Sliders – For reconfiguring rooms.
- Clipboard – A must to keep papers organized.
- Paper Products – Post-it Notes, note cards, envelopes, file folders, printer paper and graph paper for project plans.
- NYC Map – Better safe than sorry.
- Rubber Gloves – You never know.
- Mini-Medicine Cabinet – Band-Aids (for evil paper cuts), hand sanitizer, hand lotion, hair ties, bobby pins, Kleenex, gum, Tic Tacs, and pain reliever all in one case.
- Notebooks – One for general business that never leaves my side and one for client notes.
- Client Files – To keep file folders from wear and tear on the go, slip them into a plastic cover like this.
- Personal Essentials – Wallet, keys, business cards, Blackberry, sunglasses, Fresh lip treatment, a bottle of water, and snacks. (A hungry organizer is not a happy organizer.)